I’m so utterly grateful to be writing this post, as I have been nominated by both Chloe and Jess for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much again to the both of you, please go and take a look at their blogs. It makes blogging worthwhile knowing that people enjoy my content and show their appreciation through awards like these!
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to give recognition to those who spread positivity in their posts and bring you happiness. Blogging for me is a place where I come when things are stressful to be greeted with joy and a supportive community. I couldn’t think of a more fitting award for many of the bloggers whose posts I read! Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, including a link back to their blogs.
- Answer the 11 questions they have given you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify your nominees that you have nominated them.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo.
As I have been nominated twice, I’ve decided that I will answer both lots of questions in one post!
- How are you today? I’m feeling good today because I’ve just hit 60,000 words of my novel! I’m so close to the end and it feels so strange that soon I will be going through the editing process. I’m very excited though and a little nervous because I’m going to start sharing it with my friends and family for feedback.
- Where are you from? I’m from South Wales, UK!
- What inspired you to create your blog? I was actually inspired by a university lecture by someone who had a blog, and we were always encouraged to start one as a way to promote our writing. I created it but didn’t start posting properly on it until November/December of last year.
- What do you love most about blogging? Being able to share my writing. I love writing with all my heart so being able to share it with others and have them compliment it or find it helpful is a dream. The community has been nothing short of supportive.
- What is your biggest aim for your blog? To go self-hosted and continue to grow. At the moment I can’t afford it but I want to make my blog more professional and develop it further, as full time blogging would be amazing.
- So far which is your favourite post and why? Probably this one because gaming is one of my greatest hobbies besides writing and it was fun to take a trip down memory lane.
- Who is your hero? This is a hard one but I’d probably have to go with Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters. His music has helped me in unimaginable ways and has been the soundtrack to my writing for many years.
- If you discovered a time machine where would you go and why? I’d go to a Nirvana concert, probably the MTV Unplugged one. I would have loved to hear Kurt Cobain perform live, that album is incredible.
- What’s your favourite book? What’s it about? Oh gosh, this is tough, I don’t think I can pick just one. But one of my favourites is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I loved the concept of the Triwizard Tournament.
- Where is your dream holiday? Either Iceland to see the Northern Lights or the Maldives.
- And finally the most important question, cats or dogs? Cats all the way.
- How do you spend your free time? Playing games or watching Netflix! And of course working on my novel or writing blog posts.
- What are your top three favourite books and why? I named one in my previous questions but my other two would probably be The Two Towers because seeing Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn in action is amazing, and Ready Player One because it blew my mind that gaming could one day become something like that.
- What are you most afraid of? Not to go all deep and dark but the unknown, experiencing something I haven’t before. Otherwise it’s sharks and any other creatures lurking in the ocean.
- What is your strongest personal quality? I’d probably say my loyalty. I’m small but honestly down to fight whoever messes with someone like my boyfriend or my brother.
- If you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be? I sort of answered this before with Nirvana, but I’m going to cheat and give another answer; it would be cool to go to just any day in the future and see how much has changed. It’s sad but I’d see what films, music and games have come out.
- What job do you think you’d be really good at? Hopefully an author as that’s what I want to be!
- What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? Definitely Harry Potter. I’d love to be able to do magic to make everyday life easier and see fantastical creatures.
- Are you usually early or late? Early. I absolutely hate being late no matter what the situation, I’ve gone half an hour early to the train station so many times just to ensure I don’t miss my train.
- What do you wish you knew more about? Probably history and science in general. I did well at school but honestly don’t remember a lot and I love listening to people who are knowledgeable in those subjects.
- What is your best childhood memory? Going on holiday with my family. We used to hire a mini-van because there were lots of us and we’d stay in a cottage somewhere in the countryside that would also be close to the beach.
- What do you feel most proud of? My novel. Once I’m done, I’ll know I’m capable of writing a book and I’ve put so much work into it!
Questions for my Nominees
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What do you think is the film you’ve watched the most times?
- What do you like most about your appearance/your favourite physical feature?
- What skill would you love to learn?
- What would be the title of your autobiography?
- Do you know any other languages apart from your native one?
- What is your go-to outfit for a casual day?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Which song holds the best memories for you?
- What is your favourite meal?
- MSB Life – Millie is honestly a little ray of sunshine; her posts are always so positive no matter what topic it is and she’s always so excited/enthusiastic about things which is honestly infectious. And she has been supportive of me from the very beginning!
- Emily Gabriella – I love Emily’s Chatty Tuesday posts in particular because they feel so relaxed and like a nice discussion about different things. I really enjoy her writing style too, it’s casual and she slips in things that make me laugh, so they’re easy to read because they flow so well. Her blog is just such a nice place to chill!
- Shannen Claire – Shannen is another blogger who has supported me from the start. I love her blog because it covers things that we both have in common like writing, or things like overcoming travel anxiety which is encouraging and positive for people in the same position. Also as a fellow writer I really enjoy reading about her novel!
- Mischievous Words by Marta – Marta’s writing is so beautiful and is always such a joy to read. I love her posts on life lessons such as how to say no, because they’re always things that we’re often too hard on ourselves for, so they will always raise your spirits.
- Hanmwill – I love Hannah’s posts because there’s always something you can relate to, from driving to what our dreams are about. I really liked the pessimist one she did because I could relate and it made me feel less alone, ensuring me it wasn’t always a bad thing! I liked her Disney Princess series too because it celebrates women and is very empowering!
- Madi Dearson – Madi’s posts are super helpful because she writes a lot about blogging such as how to help with traffic and motivation. I’d definitely recommend if you’re in a blogging rut because they’re uplifting and will make you want to get back to writing and give you determination to continue your blog!
- Lauren’s Travel Adventures – I’ve loved reading all about Lauren’s Iceland trip. I feel like all you see about Iceland usually is the Blue Lagoon but Lauren shows so much more and is very honest about her experience, which makes it so informative for people looking to go there too. I would recommend it highly for those who love travel!
- Itsjustabbsxo – Abbs’ blog is really fun to read because her posts will inspire you to do things such as get into a morning routine, organise your makeup or even just invest in a new foundation to try. You can tell she wants to help others by sharing her tips or parts of her life!
- Ellie’s London – I love reading all about Ellie’s travels with all the beautiful sights and delicious food, which will make you want to book a holiday to the same place! Her posts are always informative and helpful, as well as just nice to read because reading about people’s trips is something I enjoy.
- Chloe May Blogs – I think I’m a tad nosy as I love lifestyle blogs and Chloe’s is one of them! Recently I’ve loved reading about her new tattoo as someone who has been looking to get one for years, and she’s a really talented photographer! I particular like her posts about lambs and her flower photography.
- Nerds Like Me – Claire does some really great book reviews so if you’re a book lover her blog is the one to go to! They’re helpful if you’re like me and want to get opinions before buying a book, as they’re always honest, giving both the positives and negatives. Her London Book Fair posts were also super helpful.
Sorry if you’ve already done this but I wanted to show my appreciation anyway and these are all people who I believe spread joy with their posts! Thank you for reading and please be sure to check out everyone I’ve linked in this post.